GDPR PRivacy & Cookies POLICY
Your privacy is important to us, and we believe that it should be protected. This policy tells you how we will use the information you provide to the Race Timing Solutions Ltd website and your control over said information.
This policy was made in light of the requirements set out by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 in order to explain our data processing practices.
Who We Are
We are one of the leading timing companies in the UK. With over 25 staff and counting, we are able to provide multiple chip timing services simultaneously.
Growing rapidly in our 9 years in the industry, we have taken on a large size of the medium to large sporting events in England, Scotland and Wales.
What we do
We provide chip timing for running, cycling or swimming events as well as providing services and hire equipment for said events. We work with a lot of charities in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. For a full list of our services, please visit our ‘What we do’ page.
Race Timing Solutions Limited.
Company registration number: 8631480
Telephone number: 01462671698
Location: 14 Protea Way, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, SG6 1JT, England.
WHAT IS RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. DOING TO COMPLY WITH GDPR?
- RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. clients have the right to access, erase, and object to their data.
- RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. will assist clients where possible, to respond to data subject requests they may receive under the GDPR. We will assist our customers with responding to individual rights requests that they receive under the GDPR.
- RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. will limit personal data processing to specified, legitimate purposes and will limit personal data collection and storage to intended purposes.
- RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. will ensure that employees authorised to process personal data have committed to confidentiality.
- RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. ensures that personal data is protected using appropriate security practices.
- RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. implements organisational and technological safeguards practices to secure our clients’ data are compliant under the requirement of GDPR.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS LTD. COLLECT FROM ITS USERS?
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, physical images, emergency contact information; bank details for invoice purposes. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities and services.
- Information regarding Charitable Events/Fundraising.
- Other Information we collect for legitimate purposes
The information we collect will be used to enhance our offering in order to provide you with a more personalised and effective experience. We may contact you from time to time to inform you of important developments with regard to the Race Timing Solutions Ltd. website. Additionally if you have provided your consent we may also contact you to let you know about any services or promotions we think may be of interest to you.
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy of this information, contact Race Timing Solutions Ltd at the address provided above.
HOW DOES RACE TIMING SOLUTIONS USE THIS INFORMATION?
- We use your information to provide our services, including customer service or/ and technology support, or/and product improvements.
- We may provide your information to the event organizer and event timer.
- We use your information to provide results of events.
- We use your information to contact you for your requests.
- We use your information to improve our websites for future services.
- We use your information to follow-up regarding future events, and/ or additional services.
- We use your information for Research and Development purposes.
- We do not sell your information to any outside party
RESULTS PAGE AND RACE PARTICIPANTS' DATA
We only obtain participants’ full name, age, gender and sports club for authentic results purposes.
We hold participant data for three reasons:
- Participants want to continue viewing their online results
- Should an enquiry arise, we will be able to resolve it accurately.
- The completion of the results of the event.
The kind of results the client wishes to published will result in the kinds of participant data we need; the more categories clients want, the more information we require they give us about their participants; e.g. Name, Age and Gender.
Data displayed on our Race results page will remain until either the race organiser or the participant requests its removal however, those data will still be kept on file unless the entire event has been requested to be removed from our results page by the event organiser. This is necessary should an enquiry arise, we will be able to resolve it accurately.
WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As a client or potential client, we reserve the right to retain access to the personal information we have gathered from you. If you have provided the relevant consent, we may pass the relevant information to our 3rd party service providers.
As a client, thee information you provide to us is kept in a secure data cloud with very restricted access. We also use a number of measures to ensure electronic access is protected and our systems can’t be exploited. When working with third parties such as our cloud storage service provider, we are assured they have secure measures in place to protect your information.
Use of the personal information collected from you is restricted to our employees and appropriate third party employees and services. Employees will only use this information if they need it to perform a specific and relevant task.
We retain your personal details for as long as is required by the relevant law.
To find out more information on cookies, and how to control or delete them you can visit aboutcookies.org website.
COOKIES WE USE
These cookies are essential to the proper functioning of our website and enable you to use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, you will not be able to perform core site functions..
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience on our website and allow the Website to provide enhanced and more personal features. They may also be used to provide functionality such as social media interaction. Some of these remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other websites who will present you relevant products. This type of advertising is designed to provide you with a selection of products that is personalised for you.
Sharing our pages
We welcome you to share our content through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram, however, you may have cookies from these websites stored on your computer. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. You can find more information on each of the listed social networks policies on privacy and cookies by clicking the highlighted links above.
Managing cookies on your device
Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer and almost all web browsers have cookie storage enabled as a default setting. However, all browsers have the option to disable cookie storage on your computer if you wish to do this. Please be aware disabling cookies will limit the functionality we can offer at the Race Timing Solutions Ltd. website. To find out more about setting your cookie preferences visit the website appropriate to your own browser.
At the Race Timing Solutions Ltd. website we adhere to robust security procedures, therefore the Race Timing Solutions Ltd. website is under the Data Protection Act 1998. As such, we follow strict security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorised access to it.