Main purpose of job
Assisting the Managing Director in the running of the company to deliver high-quality race timing services to clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Hatfield and nation-wide
Required experience: Operations Manager: 3 years
Required licence or certification: Drivers, Trailer, ability to hire a van
Required education: Diploma/Certificate or higher
- Prepare and pack equipment in advance of each job.
- Check all equipment after each job and tidy away efficiently.
- Regularly test and maintain timing equipment.
- Manage timing jobs on-site:
- arrange van hire and accommodation,
- transport equipment to race venue
- meet with race organiser(s) to confirm all race arrangements
- set up equipment as required
- explain to race organiser(s) how to distribute timing chips
- deal with organiser and participant queries efficiently and courteously
- start race and ensure timing process is working fully at all times
- proactively identify timing issues and take action to prevent disruption to the race process.
- undertake quality control of race results and identify and deal with any mistakes
- supply race organisers with timing results
- upload race results online where applicable
- Develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with clients to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Build rapport and develop relationships with existing clients to identify further opportunities and expand accounts where possible.
- Proactively identify gaps in the annual race calendar and opportunities to fill free dates.
- Undertake online research and follow-up cold emailing to target and secure new business.
- Act with the Race Timing values in mind at all times.
Skills and experience
- Proven ability to work confidently with computers, networks and software.
- Proven ability to set high standards and motivate self to meet them.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with new people and work in partnership with them to deliver joint objectives.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage logistics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise effectively to deliver goals.
- Able to communicate clearly to others and give unambiguous instructions.
- Able to work effectively in high-pressure situations and remain calm.
- Proactive and uses own initiative.
- Passion for delivering an excellent service to clients.
- Driving licence.
- Keen interest in sports such as running, cycling, triathlon.
- Understanding of sports races and how they are organised.