Race Timing Assistant
Job Title: Race Timing Assistant
Location: Job locations are nationwide
Salary: £100 per day for Timing Assistant. £200 for Timing Manager.
Hours: This is a part time position, the contract is a Zero hour contract and you will commit to timing at least 10 jobs a year.
Working days: Weekends
Important requirement: Drivers Licence and a passion for sports
This is a great life style experience for any sports lover looking for a weekend gig. You and a Timing Manager will drive across the UK and Ireland to be an essential team to the festive sporting atmosphere.
Are you ready to be a part of something amazing?!
Yes? – read on…
You will be traveling across the country timing amazing sport events. This job is perfect for students, anyone wanting a second job or people who love sports, particularly running, cycling, swimming, triathlons etc. If you are required in a far away location your hotel will be paid. You will meet and liaise with sport organisers and athletes.
We would like you to be skilled with computers as you will be required to be trained to become an expert with our race timing program and software.
Everyone starts off as a Timing Assistant and progress to become a Timing Manager at your own choice. When you’re ready for more, we’ll teach you.
Main purpose of job:
Helping the Timing Manager to manage on-site timing jobs and deliver high quality race timing services to clients. Full training will be provided.
Develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with clients to ensure total customer satisfaction.
Report any serious equipment or client issues to the Timing Manager immediately.
Act with the Race Timing values in mind at all times.
- Help to manage timing jobs on-site
- Transport equipment to race venue if necessary
- Help set up equipment as required
- Deal with organiser and participant queries efficiently and courteously and refer queries to Timing Manager where appropriate
- help start race and ensure timing process is working fully at all times
- Proactively identify timing issues and take action to prevent disruption to the race process.
- Help the Timing Manager to undertake quality control of race results, identify and deal with any mistakes.
- Supply race organisers with timing results as required.
- Ability to work with computers.
- Proven ability to set high standards and motivate self to meet them.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with new people and work in partnership with them to deliver joint objectives.
- Able to work in a tidy, organised manner at all times.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously to others.
- Able to work effectively in high pressure situations and remain calm.
- Proactive and uses own initiative.
- Passion for delivering an excellent service to clients.
- Driving licence.
Desirable but not mandatory
- Keen interest in sports such as running, cycling, triathlon etc.
- Understanding of sports races and how they are organised.
- A vehicle (car, van or trailer) will be provided if you do not have one however, if you do have one it would be great and the mileage used from the office to work locations and back will be paid for.