Job title: Sports Timer
Salary: £20 – £24,000 (depending on experience)
Working hours: Flexi, Weekdays and weekends
Business operating hours: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm office hours
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire, Weekend timing – Nationwide
This job is not for the ‘desk junkie’ – we need someone who’s excited to learn new skills, looks forward to weekend road trips to different areas of the country, passionate about sports, is excited to be a part of a massively growing industry and enjoys a bit of repetitive “back room tasks”.
Main purpose of job:
If you have ambitions in working in a small and personal company, excited to develop yourself, gain confidence in client liaison and most importantly love sport events, this job is perfect for you.
Race Timing Solutions Ltd are one of the country’s leading timing companies – operating with 8 years under our belt we have perfected what race organisers want and need, so much so that we have been growing rapidly since the day we started.
We’re now looking for another operations assistant to work with our current operations manager in running the pre-race tasks and managing our client base whilst juggling some admin tasks.
You’ll need to be diverse, ready to roll your sleeves up and sometimes get muddy.
You will be trained on our timing software and company online logistics programme.
“Backroom/pre & Post Race” responsibilities
- Prepare and pack equipment in advance of each race event.
- Check all equipment after each event and tidy away efficiently.
- Regularly test and maintain timing equipment.
- Prepares race timing packs for participants
- Keep office space tidy
“Essential skills for the “Admin Tasks”
- Proactively identify gaps in the annual race calendar and opportunities to fill free dates.
- Complete tasks assigned to you in the company operations management online software
- Book staff in to timing events months in advance of event
- Book hotels or other accommodations needed for staff to time events
Essential responsibilities for the “timing jobs
- Assist in timing jobs with the ambition to progress to a Timing Manager
- Set up and pack away timing equipment at the start and finish of race event.
- Upload race results online where applicable
- Undertake quality control of race results, identify and deal with any mistakes
- Explain to race organiser(s) how to distribute timing chips
- Deal with organiser and participant queries efficiently and courteously
- Proactively identify timing issues and take action to prevent disruption to the race process.
Essential responsibilities for the “client LIAISON”
- Contact with race organiser(s) to confirm all race arrangements
- Develop and maintain outstanding working relationships with clients to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Build rapport and develop relationships with existing clients to identify further opportunities and expand accounts where possible.
- Act with the Race Timing values in mind at all times.
Essential Skills and experience
- Proven ability to work confidently with computers, networks and software.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiatives as well as work in a team when required.
- Proven ability to set high standards and motivate self to meet them.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and friendly attitude.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport quickly with new people and work in partnership with them to deliver joint objectives.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage logistics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritise effectively to deliver goals.
- Able to communicate clearly to others and give clear written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent email writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Able to work effectively in high-pressure situations and remain calm.
- Proactive and uses own initiative.
- Passion for delivering an excellent service to clients.
- Driving licence.
- DBS check
- Keen interest in sports such as running, cycling, triathlon, OCR and charity events.
- Understanding of sports races and how they are organised.
- Bachelor’s degree
Desirable work experience:
- Event organising
- Chip timing
- Factory/warehouse worker
Required licence or certification:
- Trailer Licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent